Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hunting and Gathering

This weekend I went to Indianapolis with Susie for some good ol' Hunting and Gathering fun.

Things almost got off to a bad start when Susie came to pick me up on Friday. Darwin was sooooo excited to see Susie that he pushed through the front door and did his "crazy ass dog jig" and almost ran out into the street! After our hearts returned to a normal beat I gave Maizie and Joe hugs and we were off!

Before even checking into the hotel we went to Home Goods and T J Max. I love love love Home Goods. When we lived in Jersey I was there all the time! So, it felt like Heaven walking around there. There were some good parts to our Jersey experience and Home Goods was one of them. I bought a weird stone bunny that I just felt had to be mine.

We explored Keystone Crossing and found a few goodies for Maizie and Chloe...a few gifts to stash away. I found a few bargains at Pottery Barn for Kids. Brought home some cooking tools for Joe from Crate and Barrel. Maybe he will feel compelled to blog about them.

We went to Broad Ripple but found out quickly there would not be any purchasing going on there. Everything was too trendy (a.k.a. EXPENSIVE) for our tastes so we stopped into the Starbucks for water and giant rice crispy treats and then headed back to where we felt more comfortable...more successful in terms of making awesome purchases...Marshall's. We were at Marshall's for so long people probably thought we worked there. I found some great clothes for Maizie, a couple of tops for myself and some Christmas gifts.

For lunch on Saturday we had to get Susie's 'fix' at P.F. Chang's. She treated me to chicken wraps which really are worth craving and driving two hours to attain. Why does Fort Wayne not have a P.F. Chang's? I have no idea. All Fort Wayne does is eat. Surely, they would appreciate P.F. Chang's.

Saturday night we we to the Indie Movie Theatre at Keystone. Year of the Dog with Molly Shannon seemed to be our safest option. They had so many unique movies to choose from it was a difficult decision. It was a great movie, unique, touching and funny. We enjoyed it. Once back in the hotel we lounged around and talked and went to bed by about 11 p.m.! Shopping really wore us out.

When I got home I was greeted with sloppy Darwin kisses. I missed Maizie and Joe so much. It was great to get away and feel the joy of returning home. I gave Maizie her new clothes and this adorable music box with dancing lady bugs. She loves it. I knew she would.

Next time Susie and I are thinking Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time this weekend...it was fun to find out that we have such similar shopping styles! It was all great...the movie added such a nice touch to the weekend. Now that we know where every bathroom in Indy is, we will have to explore Chicago's next time!
Thanks for everything~
Susie