Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mint Juleps, MRI, and an Artist Paints the Cottage

Last weekend was a good one. We went to a Derby Race party at my parent's house Saturday. Maizie had fun playing with the kids. Sunday night we went to Beth's house for Mint Juleps and Bread Pudding. I really liked the mint juleps served in traditional pewter cups. They were quite yummy! Southern hospitality moves to Indiana!

Christian spent the night last night. Maizie and Christian painted again. They can't get enough of painting. This morning I took him to meet his mom at the eye doctor's. As Maizie and I were leaving I noticed my sister Marie had a flat tire. Bummer! Maizie and I headed back in the office to hang out while we waited to take them home.

Marie came out from the appointment and was pretty upset. The doctor wanted Christian to have an MRI because the nerves in the back of his eyes were swollen. So, before I knew it I was driving them to Lutheran Hospital. Christian was scared and is one strong little guy. He put up an amazing fight for the I.V. Maizie was a great help in keeping him calm, holding the door open and carrying things. I was amazed with how well she handled the situation.

We had to wait for the results. Finally, they came back and were negative. Thank God! Marie was exhausted from crying much of the day. I guess I tend to roll with the punches from all the experiences we have had with Maizie. I tend not to get upset or worry until I see a result. Too much practice in this area. Marie and Christian are at home and doing well. Christian's eyes have been getting worse so we are still wondering why. Hopefully his glasses will be here quickly!

Once home Maizie put on her flower girl dress, ate a large bowl of edamame and then fell asleep on the couch. I took a nice nap too. What a day!
Tomorrow is Maizie's eye appointment. I am sure hers will be less dramatic. After today I don't really feel like going back to the eye doctor's office. But, she is overdo for her exam and I am all about getting these things over with. I am supposed to call her cardiologist tomorrow to set up her chest x-ray. I really really don't feel like doing that or going to her appointment on Monday. Hopefully I will have some more energy tomorrow.

For the last few days our view out back has been less than dreamy. Not that I would ever describe it as dreamy in the first place. The neighbor "boys" have been working on their car in the street. Is that even allowed? I guess so. It sure looks like crap. Yesterday I go outside and see an artist setting up to paint the restored cottage house across the street. I thought it looked hysterical so I had to take a picture to share. Another neighborhood happening. Never a dull moment. I saw the painting when it was almost done. It looked pretty good.








No comments: