Settler's Herb Sale
Today was the Herb Sale at the Historic Swinney Homestead. The Herb Sale is put on by Settlers, Inc. They are 'dedicated to preserving and teaching Victorian and Early American hand arts and history'.
Maizie and I convinced Joe to leave the house and join us for the short walk to the sale. As we arrived Beth and the girls were just leaving. Onika and Moreah were dressed in their settlers dresses, Moreah complete with bonnet. They both looked very adorable. I think even Azrielle had a peasant dress on. Beth had all ready purchased her goods and Onika had to go potty. Luckily, the stately house has a restroom and they were able to join us for a quick tour of the 1849 Log House. I was quickly reprimanded for trying to take a photo of Maizie in the house. Oooops! I did not know!
Maizie was fascinated with the giant spinning wheel and asked why the people outside were not using the spinning wheel that was inside the log house. I don't think the lady really understood Maizie's question and said something about how they have toys for inside and toys for outside. Okay? Or maybe her response did make sense and I was still thinking about getting in trouble for trying to take pictures.
Maizie asked the couple spinning wool all kinds of questions. He let Moreah and Maizie take a chunk of wool to keep. When Onika returned Moreah promptly gave Onika half of her wool. Very sweet indeed.
We purchased two Peppermint Mentha Piperita, Zinna Profusion Fire, Genovese Basil, Red Rubin Basil and Magical Michael Basil. Once home Maizie and I promptly planted the herbs and watered them. Maizie decided she could not water the plants anymore because she needed to water the sidewalk, which was actually "giving people ice cream cones". I was left to finish the job myself. Pan was no help either.



No comments:
Post a Comment