Wishes, Cookies and Popcorn
Today Onika and Moreah came over. After an hour of play we all headed over to the mall to ride the carousel and eat Chic Fil A. Mindy met us there and enjoyed lunch with us. The girls loved the carousel ride. Check out Maizie's blog for photos of the girls on the ride.
I think Mindy thought we all disappeared when Onika had to use the bathroom. When one has to go they all have to go. I thought we would never get back to the table. Hand washing was beyond thorough and Maizie even wanted to wash her hands twice. Finally, we went back to the apple tables and Mindy looked lost in thought. Apparently she was mesmerized watching a little child continually drop her food on the floor, pick it up and with a nod and smile from mom....eat it up. Yum!
With time to spare we went upstairs to the fountain. The fountain has always been a great spot for making wishes. Before I knew it all the girls were elbow deep in the water fishing for coins! Mindy told them that if they took the coins out people might not get their wishes. I gave each of the girls a penny for wishing. Maizie said she wished she could do more "tricks". Moreah was wondering how the water breaks up towards the top of the fountain and shoots across it in a line. I explained that one the best I could.
Next, we were off to the Lakeside Learning Garden for a craft led by Beth. They made beautiful tissue paper flowers. After that we were off to St. Anne's to see my Grandma.
With time to spare we went upstairs to the fountain. The fountain has always been a great spot for making wishes. Before I knew it all the girls were elbow deep in the water fishing for coins! Mindy told them that if they took the coins out people might not get their wishes. I gave each of the girls a penny for wishing. Maizie said she wished she could do more "tricks". Moreah was wondering how the water breaks up towards the top of the fountain and shoots across it in a line. I explained that one the best I could.Next, we were off to the Lakeside Learning Garden for a craft led by Beth. They made beautiful tissue paper flowers. After that we were off to St. Anne's to see my Grandma.
First, we went across the street to the Bakery and bought some chocolate chip cookies to share with Grandma. At St. Anne's Grandma was enjoying movie day. They were watching Seabiscuit. Maizie and I sat with Grandma and shared our cookies. She loved the flower art Maizie gave her. (It is well known that when Maizie makes a craft she has to give it away to someone outside of our home...this is why I usually don't have much art work hung up here. I take photos of it instead.)
Maizie is in love with one of the nurses at St. Annes, Andrea. So, after a few minutes she went and sat next to the popcorn machine with Andrea. I asked Grandma if she wanted some popcorn and she said, "No. I have had popcorn three or four times all ready today. That is all they ever feed me here." Hmmmm....I love my Grandma.



1 comment:
Ha ha! Yes, going to a public bathroom with tree is quite an adventure!
Thank you for giving the girls such a nice experience.
I like how Maizie gives away her art, saves space on the ol' fridge!
Post a Comment