Chicken Salad, Fridge Poetry and the Alice Door
This little guy was sitting on my berry bush out back. I love the little white tufts sticking out the top of his head. I hope he is okay. I was a bit shaky tonight with my close up lens. I really wanted to get his little frown but it is a bit blurry. He is still cute though.

Today Mindy and her girls came over for lunch and to hang out. Melanie, below wrote two fridge poems for me. Check out the hunky Ken doll she was helping Maizie dress. I think Melanie was getting pretty creative with his attire. She also drew a picture of me that I will put on the side bar. Thanks Melanie!
I especially like this fridge poem of Melanie's. Lots of passion to it.
Maralyn actually asked to sit on my lap! Maizie and Maralyn had fun bringing down toys to fill up every inch my living room. I tried to be calm. They danced to some of the movie Grease. Maizie had woke up around four wanting to watch Grease since she saw it advertised on television. She knew we had it but never had any interest in it. The girls were pretty darn cute striking poses. Maizie was impressed with Maralyn's moves.
I made my famous Chicken Salad for lunch. We also enjoyed strawberries, raspberries, grapes and the kids had root beers. I enjoyed my usual Metro Mint Water. My new addiction since stopping all other beverages. Melissa was impressed with Maizie's spoon collection. At one point we were all talking about the many places Joe has been. Melissa asked me which state I would like to visit. I told her Arizona. She looked all serious like at her Mom and said, "Why don't we ever go anywhere?!" It was funny.
Melanie wanted to explore what there is of our tiny house so she headed up to the little 'Alice in Wonderland' door at the top of our steps. This seemed to provide lots of entertainment and wonderment for the girls. Next, they were on to the basement. Once they ran out of things to explore they wanted to watch Cat Woman. So...I got to watch it again. Lovely. At least Mindy and I got to sit, relax and have fun laughing with the girls.
Mindy and I sat out on the porch for a while. She wonders why I never sit out there. I guess I prefer air conditioning and noise control. Mindy misses the 'neighborhood happenings' since she has moved out to the suburbs. She remembered the good times we had climbing out on the roof of our apartment on Berry when we were in our early twenties. Yup. Good times.


Today was really nice. Tonight I made beef and noodles and Maizie ate four bowls of it! My big dilemma for tonight is...do I take my online History final tonight or watch Paris on Larry King? Hmmmm...what a tough decision. If I don't take the exam tonight I will have it to dread tomorrow. I really am anxious to see the Paris interview. I may just pop me some popcorn and watch the interview. Maizie is going to be in bed early tonight!
I got a bill in the mail today telling me my summer History class was not paid for. What? This led to about thirty minutes worth of annoying phone calls to the school. Apparently, my original loan was not for summer session. Why this takes so long to be determined is beyond my comprehension. Once it was determined that I indeed had to apply for a new loan I was approved in less than five minutes. That was cool. Degree good. Debt sucks.




2 comments:
What great pictures! Is that a baby Robin?
Good luck on your test!
Thanks! I need all the luck I can get on this final. We have to get together soon. Maizie is missing the girls.
Post a Comment