My Lap Top Dies and Lives Again, Christmas Comes Early For Me and A New Addiction
After my last post Maizie was playing Webkinz on my lap top when Stella came running all crazy like through the living room. Maizie became very angry and jumped up to yell at Stella while at the same time dumping her cup of water all over my lap top. I heard a little blip sound, followed by the screen going black. My lap top was dead. I wanted to cry. Knowing Maizie's sensitive nature I down played the incident and let her know our precious lap top would be okay. It just needed to dry out.
After Maizie was in bed I texted Joe to tell him of the possible lap top death. Water was still oozing out of the screen and the keys. Joe was on his way home from Minneapolis and told me to keep it unplugged and turned off. It took all of my strength not to take the lap top apart myself and get it dried out. Joe said the thought of me doing that myself freaked him out more than the thing sitting around wet. Nice. What a control freak.
Joe came home in the middle of the night and worked on my laptop till three in the morning. He is so sweet. Now, here I sit...working on my lap top. My 'h' key is having problems but other than that all is well. If I would have lost everything I would have cried and cried. Joe probably would have been able to save my photos but this has motivated me to get them backed up pronto. Hopefully I will get on that....ummmm...tomorrow maybe.
Tonight Joe and I had a date night. We went to our favorite Mexican dive Mi Pueblo and I talked and talked about my cell phone woes. During dinner Susie called. I answered and we were disconnected. This was perfect timing for Joe to see my crappy phone being even more craptacular.
I called back Susie thinking it odd that she called me on a Friday night. She told me that her and Chloe saw that her Webkinz had received a gift from a certain Marla and it seemed too coincidental....she just had to know if I broke down and bought my own webkinz! Yes....it is true. I am ashamed to say. I bought myself a bulldog and named her Astrid. I have managed to buy her a bathroom but no tub yet and her bedroom is decorated just how I want it. Susie was laughing but I just know she will be buying one within a day or so. I could tell she was jealous and wants to decorate her own rooms. I promised her we could meet up in Webkinz world and go bowling or something. So, there....my dark secret is out. I have my own webkinz now and play it daily. I am an addict. It has replaced my TMZ obsession. I do think this is healthier. Not to mention the fun Maizie and I have discussing Webkinz.
Okay back to the phone issue.
After much discussion it was agreed we would look into getting a new phone. Me being the techy nerd that I am was really wanting a phone with a key pad since I text message more than I talk. Internet connection was also on my mind.
Once to the mall we found the AT&T store and I was drooling over the Blackberry's. Joe kept saying, "I think we should go back to the Razr phones." Not! Razr was just a little bit of an upgrade from the piece of crap phone I have now. The wonderful techy sales guy led us back to the sidekick thing but it really was not thrilling me. What I wanted was simple....Internet access for not so much a month, a key board, music capabilities and a good phone. Finally, Joe led me to the Apple i Phone. SOLD! For not too much more I would have everything I wanted and more. I let Joe and the sales geek talk back and forth about all the details. I knew Joe was liking the idea. I really did not even care to have a camera on a phone but now that I have one I am excited about it. We can even download my television favorites recorded on Joe's myth t.v. to the phone. It is all so crazy. The quality of the screen is amazing. I pulled up my blog and could not believe how clear the image is.
Granted, this is my only Christmas present. It is a nice big present so I am happy but come Christmas time it will suck having nothing to open from Joe. Not to mention, I won't get the video recorder I have been begging for. That would be my only complaint about my i Phone is that I can't record video. Oh, well.



9 comments:
Am too envious-----so the briefly drowned laptop led to something good!
Glad to hear your laptop survived!
And a new phone... how exciting! I upgraded my phone recently (not as exciting as yours unfortunately, but still much better than the last). It took me a while to get used to the features, but I feel like a new person!
Phew! I so felt for you when you said your lap top had died!
I am so impressed with anyone who can use a mobile phone properly. I have never even been able to send a text message.My present phone is all singing all dancing but still I am only able to answer the phone, anything more technical and I go into a cold sweat.
OMG, you must be the best mother in the world to keep your cool when a glass of water spilled on your laptop. I'm so impressed.
You deserve an iphone.
When the hard drive crashed 6 months ago I thought it was the end of life as we know it. Still can't fathom the phone though!
cheers
Ditto what Holly said! I would have LOST IT. Um, maybe you could find all kinds of small useful things to wrap an put under the tree...so you feel like you're getting something else?? LOL
I cringed when learning of your dying laptop. So Santa's come early in your house?
Crystal xx
Everyone! Thank you for your ongoing empathy in regards to my wet lap top fiasco. I am loving my i phone. There are a few things that I am not thrilled about...like not being able to get a flash player on it and it can't record videos. Other than that it is amazing. My husband is in love with it and asks me if he can hold it all the time.
Post a Comment