sounds really odd but I have done that. I like the way the metal feels between my toes. I don't even have autism!! Now hopefully my hubby never sees this and commits me ;-)
Ours is a culture that emphasizes cure, or, short of that, immediate relief from symptoms, so that we can carry on with our busy lives. Unfortunately, in our cultural denial of the reality of chronic illness and disability, we frequently silence the voices of those who cannot deny it. Marsha Saxton and Florence Howe (1987)
Maizie & Zebra
Playing Candy Land Together
Zebra & Mimi in Conversation
Maizie & Christian
Me and Little Miss Mimi
Melissa (my sweet sister pet), Alex and baby Sam on the way
Followers
Why Do I Blog?
All That is Dazlious is a place for me to share my photography, insights, joys and struggles. In everyone's life there are challenges and joys. I want to capture these moments and share them with other parents who are going through similar experiences. Blogging has opened a new world of support for me.
My daughter was born with a rare chromosome disorder, is Autistic and struggles with Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. Reaching a diagnosis took years and yet I celebrate my daughter for exactly who she is.
It is my belief that Autism is a genetic disorder and that there is no cure. My goal is to help my daughter be the person God has called her to be.
I may share what I have learned or find valuable in regards to my daughter’s diagnosis.
I do not claim to have the answers in regards to Autism, chromosome disorders or CVS. How I choose to help my daughter progress is a personal and difficult decision. I respect that others may choose different paths for progress.
Our journey has only just begun and it is my hope that in sharing bits and pieces of it with you that I will see the goodness and progress within my life and Maizie's.
I enjoy reading the blogs of other parents raising children with special needs. Reading blogs written by individuals with Autism and/or chromosome disorders is another way I gain insight, education and ideas for caring for my daughter.
I hope you enjoy reading about our dazlious and not so dazlious moments.
11 comments:
Happy WW. I hope you have a nice day. Many greetings from Germany.
My cousin collects spoons like that
Happy WW!!
~Carla
I'm familiar with playing the spoons but isn't that usually on your knees!
Cheers
Wonderful photo and a very nice site! All the best.
that looks like so much fun!! Have a great Wednesday.
sounds really odd but I have done that. I like the way the metal feels between my toes. I don't even have autism!! Now hopefully my hubby never sees this and commits me ;-)
Kinda bored huh?! LOL Happy WW!
Too funny....I posted a feet picture for my WW too!!!!
Happy WW!!
Certainly a new way of playing the spoons - or is it 'finger food' turned 'toe food'?!?
xx
Thanks everyone for stopping by!
Post a Comment