Plum Wine,Chloe Says the Cutest Thing and Blah Blah Blah
I am writing this tonight after a few glasses of plum wine. So...who knows if I will think it is a very good post in the morning.
Today was a great day. Maizie and I slept till 8! We met Susie and Chloe for a relaxing lunch. The girls were having fun coloring when a waiter came to ask Chloe about a magic wand she had. He said, "What is that? A magic wand?" Chloe was all shy about answering so Maizie said it was a wand. One of us asked what Chloe would do if she could make her wand do something magical. Cutie Chloe said she would do the following with her magic wand...
"I would make my butt a face." Susie and I about spit out our drinks we were laughing so hard. Susie asked Chloe why she would want to do such a thing.
Chloe smiled real big and said, "So I could talk to it!"
Well...of course! That makes perfect sense! Too funny!
After our wonderful lunch we went to It's Playtime. It is a place where they have big slides, toys, dress up clothes, hula hoops and all sorts of fun stuff. Best of all Susie and I got to sit back and talk and talk and talk. It is what we do best. The picture below is of Chloe and Maizie when we went to Botanical Gardens. I forgot my camera again today. This at least lets you see how cute they both are.
The girls had a blast. I was thrilled Maizie was getting lots of exercise. At one point Susie went to use the restroom and came back to tell me someone must have put a diaper in the trash. A very stinky diaper. I agreed since I had been in there many times before trying to convince Maizie that she did not need to go into the restroom every time she wanted to put a dress up outfit over her clothes. It smelled so bad!I eventually had to use the restroom so bad. I looked around and saw that there were no men anywhere in sight so I headed over to the men's restroom for a smell free spotless experience. With hardly any men in the place it was super clean. Problem solved. Thankfully no one came in. I did get a few strange looks from a lady working there. Well, if they would empty the trash I would not have had to experience the men's restroom.
Once home Maizie played some Webkinz, Joe took the dogs to the park and I cleaned the house for a while. We had no plans for the night but before we knew it a group of us had decided to get dinner somewhere. Where? We usually decide at the last minute. Janeen brought up Indian food. I am usually not too crazy about that. It would not be Cindy's first choice either. In rare form, we both agreed. Poor Cindy is at home right now with a sore belly. Ah, the joys of Indian food. Anyway, I was totally out voted so I agreed to go. I actually had a great meal and have yet to get sick from it. Maizie even ate well.
I managed to fill everyone in on our goal to buy a Webkinz bath tub and my attempt at Second Life. Pat told us a long story about how some squirrels got into his house and he had a long stare down with one. It was a very long and detailed story...about him and a squirrel staring at one another. I could totally relate because I love my squirrel too. As Cindy pointed out though I would not want one in my house. No.
We all talked and talked and talked some more. I was actually losing my voice. See, this is what happens when you are an at home mom. You lack adult conversation and then when you are around friends you explode and talk till people are probably wondering if you will ever shut up. Oh, well. I am not saying I lacked adult conversation all week but with Joe traveling last week I did have lots of alone time.
Oh, by the way...the movie Vacancy was super scary. I totally enjoyed it.
Between Pat, Joe and me we earned enough Webkinz cash tonight for a tub and a sink! Wahoo! Finally, Maizie's Koala can get a bath!



16 comments:
Sounds like you're all talked out after a fabulous day! It's wonderful though that you have such a lovely group of friends, especially being at home most of the time.
PS You're becoming Webkinz experts!
Sounds like you're all talked out after a fabulous day! It's wonderful though that you have such a lovely group of friends, especially being at home most of the time.
PS You're becoming Webkinz experts!
Sounds like you're all talked out after a fabulous day! It's wonderful though that you have such a lovely group of friends, especially being at home most of the time.
PS You're becoming Webkinz experts!
Sorry Marla!
Just realised the comment has published 3 times! (my mouse got stuck - maybe you can remove the second and third posting).
xx
I love Maizie's name. Thank you for posting on my site. Is she spectrum as well? We tried to move away from the area we are in, considered homeschooling as well. Unsure of our long term plans for now. (She looked GREAT on Halloween!)
Elissa-Don't worry about the comments. I tried deleting them but can't figure out how to. Oh, well. I was shocked this morning seeing how many comments I had! We are lucky to have friends.:)
Megs-Maizie is diagnosed autistic. She fits all the criteria. So, we consider her on the spectrum even though she is all over the spectrum. Recently we discovered through extensive testing that she was born with an extra chromosome which could be the main cause of most of her health and developmental struggles. Some studies are being done in regards to autism and genetics. I wish more children could have genetic testing done.
DS' lion has a toilet; in the middle of his room. Well, if he's gotta go . . .
Chloe and I loved seeing you guys yesterday and catching up on things. Now about the "butt/face" comment...I really don't know what to say...hopefully just a vivid imagination?! I am glad that she made the comment around someone who could appreciate the "uniqueness" of it-ha!
Susie
Plum wine sounds very interesting! Did you make it yourself?
yes, do tell about the plum wine! i love the butt-face comment! absolutely love love love it! i can't stop smiling imagining it! how cute! can't wait to hear some of the things alex will come up with. the other day, tim tooted and it was really loud (pleasant, i know, but he does it, this is my life) and alex looked startled and pointed to his butt and said, "daddy poopy" Ha! sort of a funny butt story!
Holly- A toilet in the middle of the room! Hey, he is thinking of convenience. Very cool.
Susie-A classic Chloe moment. I loved it. I have told so many people about it and they all laugh! She is such a smart kid.
Casdok and Mel- Whenever we eat Chinese we get Plum Wine and I love it. So, finally I bought a bottle. All I could find was a cheap six dollar bottle! But, it tasted good to me.
Mel-Loved the Tim story!
I watched Vacancy this weekend too and it was pretty creepy, way better than Wishmaster - I do like the hero/heroine actually thinking and fighting back instead of just shrieking and waiting to be chopped up.
Re the Chloe comment - making your butt a face - makes sense; talking to it? Makes me think Chloe is WAY more flexable than I am, which is why I would make a foot a face or something like that.
Much to much of a cowardy custard to watch anything scary I'm afraid. There again, I'm not too 'afraid' to use the mens room, when necessary.
Best wishes
If it makes ya feel better I use the mens room all the time too. If they are only going to have one toilet in each then what do they expect! I have four kids and the boys are the faster of the 4 ;-)
Elizabeth-I totally agree...fighting back is way better. I have never seen Wishmaster. I will have to see that. Very true about the flexibility issue. We did have some discussion along that line. A foot is a great idea!
Maddy-Sometimes the men's room can be as scary!
fxsmom-It does make me feel better. I think I will be more likely to use the mens room again in the future. Why torture myself?
Post a Comment